MFA in Visual Arts recruitment
Recruitment procedure for the academic year 2023/2024 via on-line enrollment: 2nd call starts on 22.05.23 and finishes on 07.07.23.
1st call: 30.03-30.04 results by 15 May
2nd call: Due to technical reasons, the start of recruitment is postponed by one week. The recruitment will start on 22.05.
22.05-07.07 results by July 21
- duration: 2 year (4 semesters)
- ECTS: 120
- limit: 12 students
- tuition fee: 4 000 EUR per year (in case of advance payment for the whole academic year) + 150 PLN ( or 35 EUR) the recruitment fee*
- beginning of the academic year: 1 October
- head of the study programme: Daniela Tagowska, PhD
- contact: email@example.com; room 217 Plac Polski 3/4; 50-156 Wrocław; phone: +48 71 34 38 031 ext. 311
* the cost of the transfer on the side of the payer, the details on the process of payment transfer can be found in the attachment MFA_Payment procedure
Studying abroad in times of COVID…
Currently, we’re living in an unprecedented reality with constant threat and unknowns. Nevertheless, our Academy is prepared for different scenarios. We want make you sure that your health and safety is of highest priority for us! As you may come from different parts of the world, under different regulations and restrictions concerning travelling, we are open for blended learning solutions. If you have any doubts, we’re at your disposal to discuss your individual case and all your concerns. While being finally with us, on site, we guarantee you our help and full support as well as 24-hours phone service in case of emergency.
Recruitment step by step
Step 1 – 22 May - 7 July 2023
1. Log into the Academy’s electronic recruitment system e-rekrutacja.asp.wroc.pl
2. Fill in the personal questionnaire and upload a photograph of yourself that meets the requirements specified in the system.
3. Attach scans of the required documents:
- ID card or passport;
- document confirming your English language skills at B2 level;
- diploma or another document entitling to pursue second-cycle studies in Poland;
- confirmation of payment of the enrolment fee (the fee should be paid in PLN or EUR to the account of the Academy, enclose a scan of the transfer confirmation, the transfer costs are on the candidate's side - payment instructions BELOW).
4. After the payment is credited to the Academy’s account (a few days after the transaction), the university approves your documents and YOUR STATUS WILL CHANGE FROM "INTERESTED" TO "CANDIDATE".
5. Attach a portfolio:
- max 20 works created no earlier than 2019;
- portfolio may include still images (Format: jpg, Colour Model: RGB Resolution: 72 dpi Longer side: 20 cm, Max file size: 10 MB) and moving files (MP4 format, max duration 3 min)
- files should be described – the title of work, year of creation, dimensions of the original, description of the technique used
- names of the attached files should be ordered according to the pattern: Surname_Name_Title_work_01.jpg
6. Wait for the committee’s decision.
ATTENTION! All foreign graduation diplomas must be accompanied by an apostille!
Diplomas, transcripts and certificates issued in a language other than Polish or English have to be translated into the Polish language by a Polish sworn translator.
Step 2 – till 21 July 2023
The Recruitment Committee will analyse uploaded documents. We may additionally invite you for an interview (in an online format). After reviewing your portfolio and evaluating your application on a 0-10 point scale, the 12 highest scoring applicants will be offered a place in our program. If you score 0-3 we will not be able to accept you.
Step 3 – July 2023
If you receive a decision on admission you will need to provide the originals of the above documents and:
- a scanned copy of a health insurance policy in case of illness or accident during the time of education, or a European Health Insurance Card (Europejska Karta Ubezpieczenia Zdrowotnego, EKUZ), or an insurance acceptance form concerning access to Poland’s National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia, NFZ) immediately after the commencement of the programme;
- a colour scan of a valid visa, residence permit or another document entitling its holder to a long-term stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland – in case of foreigners who are not citizens of the European Union, the Swiss Confederation or the Member States of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
1 October 2023
You will officially become a student of the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław and become a member of our creative community!