From the academic year 2022/23 the Doctoral School of the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław will provide education in two language modes - in Polish and in English.
Candidates willing to undertake education in English are obliged to present a document confirming their knowledge of English at B2 level.
Candidates interested in learning in Polish should present a document confirming their knowledge of any foreign language at B2 level and demonstrate a good command of Polish language enabling fluent communication.
The recruitment process to the Doctoral School will take place from 16.08.2022 to 30.09.2022.
The admission limit to the Doctoral School for the academic year 2022/2023 is :
6 people for the English language mode
3 people for the Polish language mode
All candidates are required to pay the recruitment fee of 250 PLN or 55 EUR
Detailed information on the required documents and the recruitment process is contained in the document: The recruitment conditions and rules to the Doctoral School at the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław.
The choice of supervisor
Candidates interested in undertaking education at the Doctoral School should establish contact with a potential supervisor chosen from the list published on the ASP website and consult with him/her on his/her draft doctoral dissertation. Indication of a particular supervisor and details of his/her opinion will be necessary to complete the online application form and take part in the recruitment process.
The updated list of supervisors will be published in May 2022.
Completing the application form in the online system
From 16.08 to 02.09.2022 (until 3 p.m. local time zone, Warsaw), candidates will be able to register in the Electronic Recruitment System: https://e-rekrutacja.asp.wroc.pl/aspwr-irk-app/ and complete the application form.
Completion of the application form in online system is tantamount to the submission of the application to the Doctoral School.
The online application form includes:
- choice of the language mode of education
- a curriculum vitae containing information on education, professional experience and artistic and/or project-research achievements (max. 3000 characters without spaces),
- a portfolio that documents the artistic and/or design output (a set of images and/or video files)- set of images and/or video files. minimum 10, maximum 20 files (for static images: JPEG or PNG files, RGB, 72 dpi, longer side 1920 px, from 10 to 20 pieces; for moving images: mp4 file, H.264 encoding format, video standard: HD 1280x720 or FullHD 1920x1080px, duration up to 5 minutes, 5 pieces maximum; note: PDF or other multi-page formats are not allowed),
- a proposal of the topic and scope of the doctoral dissertation, including the description of the project, including: the assumed objectives of the project, the hypotheses, the envisaged research methods and the preliminary bibliography (max. 3000 characters without spaces),
- an indication of the name of a potential supervisor chosen from the list of potential supervisors published on the ASP website,
- the opinion of the chosen supervisor on the proposed doctoral dissertation project,
- the contact details to two reference persons with whom the recruitment committee may consult and verify the candidate,
- a scan of a diploma or an official copy of the diploma of the second-degree or master's degree or a doctoral diploma,
- a document confirming knowledge of a foreign language at least at B2 level,
- a personal questionnaire filled in electronic form together with an ID photo,
- a scan of ID or passport,
- electronic confirmation of payment of the recruitment fee,
- confirmation that the candidate is acquainted with the Regulations and the curriculum of the Doctoral School and accepts the contents of these documents
All foreign graduation diplomas must be accompanied by an apostille. Diplomas, transcripts and certificates issued in a language other than Polish or English have to be translated into the Polish language by a Polish sworn translator.
Evaluation of the documentation
By 09.09.2022, the recruitment committee evaluates the materials enclosed in the online system. The following is assessed:
- candidate's work and portfolio (score: 0-10 points),
- proposal of the topic and scope of the doctoral dissertation (score: 0-10 points)
- potential in scientific and didactic cooperation with the supervisor (score: 0-6 points)
No more than:
- - 20 persons ( applying for the Doctoral School in English)
- - 10 persons (applying for the Doctoral School in Polish)
may be qualified to the second stage of the recruitment
Between 12 and 14.09.2022, the committee conducts an interview in English or Polish (depending on the chosen mode of education)
The interview can be conducted online.
The recruitment committee evaluates candidates’ in-depth knowledge of the selected field of artistic or design activity, motives for undertaking creative work and presentation of research interests. Importance will also be attached to the candidate's achievements, as well as the originality of the proposed doctoral dissertation. The candidate's communication skills in the context of future didactic work with students is also an important element.
During the recruitment process the candidate can get up to 46 points. The minimum point score required to qualify the person for entry to the list of candidates to the Doctoral School is 23 points.
Announcement of the recruitment results
Candidates will be informed about the results of the recruitment process via Electronic Recruitment System on 16.09.2022.
Original documents required
By 30.09.2022, the candidate qualified for the entry to the list of candidates to the Doctoral School is obliged to submit to the dean's office:
- a completed declaration concerning employment, doctoral scholarship and academic titles awarded (Appendix no. 2 to Conditions and Rules of Recruitment to the Doctoral School of the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wroclaw);
- the original of the diploma or an official copy of the diploma of the second degree or master's degree or a doctoral diploma;
- in the case of university graduates who successfully passed the diploma examination in the summer semester of the academic year in which the recruitment process takes place - a certificate of completion of studies and a diploma or a copy of a diploma within 14 days from the date of its issue by the university;
- a certificate or diploma confirming knowledge of a foreign language at least at B2 level (in accordance with Appendix no. 2 to Conditions and Rules of Recruitment to the Doctoral School of the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wroclaw)
- a copy of the certificate of disability, certificate of the degree of disability or certificate referred to in Article 5 and Article 62 of the Act of 27 August 1997 on vocational and social rehabilitation and employment of disabled people;
- a scan of the visa or other document enabling legal stay in Poland.