Emerging Europe Awards
Emerging Europe, a London-based think tank committed to boosting the social and economic development of Central and Eastern Europe and raising awareness about the region, is starting the Emerging Europe Awards and launching the trophy design contest.
What is the goal?
The goal for contest entrants is to design a trophy to celebrate the Emerging Europe Awards winners.
What is the prize?
The first-place designer will receive:
• paid travel trip to London for the winner to be recognised at the Emerging Europe Awards gala at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development’s headquarters, in front of the award winners, leaders, and 350+ attendees;
• recognition in Emerging Europe's promotional channels, Emerging Europe portal and magazine;
Who can enter?
• The contest is open to secondary school and university students in arts courses. The applicant must be enrolled as a student in an educational institution during the semester/term in which they contribute to the design;
• Each student must be a national of emerging Europe, that is of either of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine;
• Each entry must be entirely the original work of the person identified in the entry.
• The contest is not open to any persons employed, past or present, as a professional. Can educators help with their students' projects? Educators may advise students, but should not take on a significant role in developing the designs. How to enter the contest? Teams should submit their entries online via the Emerging Europe portal by March 1, 2018. Application requirements
• Team information & completed release form; • Brief bio (300 words max);
• Photo/headshot of entrant(s);
• Design file requirements
Dimensions: The design should be no larger than 20 cm tall x 12 cm wide x 12cm deep;
Design elements: The design must incorporate: the Emerging Europe Awards Logo and a flat surface where a plaque (3cm x 6cm) with the name of the Award category and the winner’s name can be attached.
File format: Your entry must be submitted as an STL file, which can be exported from most CAD software packages. We will not accept any other file type.
Important: the award trophies will be printed in either metal or glass. Please bear this in mind when creating your design. You may upload up to 6 separate files if your design incorporates separate attachments or moving parts. Please DO NOT submit more than one design entry as part of the same entry form.
When the selection team reviews the designs, they will consider the following:
• Does the design represent notions such as excellence, innovation, creativity, etc?
• Does the design represent ideas related to Central and Eastern Europe?
• Is the design visually appealing and interesting? Does it make creative use of 3D space?
• Can you envision this design being used as the template for a national award trophy?
• Is the design printable and will it withstand travel to and from the Emerging Europe Awards gala? (e.g. not too fragile or breakable as a 3D object)
Who will be judging the designs? Designs will be reviewed by Emerging Europe staff to ensure they meet design specs. The staff will select the winner, who will be notified in April 2018. What's the fine print? Emerging Europe will retain the copyright on any submitted material and reserves the right to use the material, edit the design to accommodate production needs in any way or format it sees fit.
For more information or questions about submissions, please contact Emerging Europe staff at email@example.com.